JEE Main or Joint Entrance Examination is one of the most important exams in the country that is conducted by The Central Board of Secondary Education. Every year a large number of candidates appear for this exam in order to get into any of the premier engineering colleges that accept JEE Main score.
Approximately more than 10 lakh students appear for this entrance exam every year and out of them a large number of students cannot qualify for IIT. The ones who do not qualify often feel disheartened and panic. However, since JEE is not the end all and be all of engineering, such students should start working on plan B and look for other options.
Mentioned below are some of the options that are available:
- If you are not able to qualify for IIT, then do not worry because apart from IIT, there are many other reputed universities that accept JEE scores. Universities like the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) and National Institutes of Technology (NITs) accept students with good JEE main and advanced scores.
- If you are determined that you want to take up engineering as your career path, then there is a vast list of technical institutions available that conduct their own entrance examinations. Most of these exams are comparatively easier to crack than the JEE entrance. You must carefully analyze the areas where you faltered in the JEE mains and use the knowledge to do better in other entrances.
- You can choose to do a different course altogether like for instance you can opt for a BSc. in physics, chemistry or mathematics or else can you can also look for options that do not fall under the science stream.
- But if you are still determined to score well in JEE Main to get into any of the IITs; then you can take a year for preparations and try again. In this way you will get ample time to work on and improve on the areas where you faltered last time.
If you are planning to appear for JEE Main 2018; then start practicing from today itself. Take online mock tests and solve the previous years’ question papers as they can help you to build confidence which in turn will help you to score well.
BDS or Bachelor of Dental Surgery has become one of the most popular courses these days because of the vast career opportunities that are available in India and abroad. The demand for the dental practitioners in the country has increased in the recent times owing to the various awareness campaigns about dental hygiene.
After completing the 5 year BDS course from the best dental college in India, the certified dentist has several career options to choose from. Some, such options have been discussed below:
- If you want to go for higher studies after completing BDS, then the MDS or Master Degree in Dental Surgery is the best possible option available. For admission in this program, you will need to appear for entrance examination organized at national or state or University level.
- With a BDS degree in hand you can join any Dental Institute as a tutor or lecturer. A number of medical colleges are there that hire Dentists with a BDS degree for such roles, provided they have the right skills and knowledge in the field.
- After completing BDS you can even appear for the government exams so you can get appointed in the health care departments of various government intuitions as well as government departments.
- If you want to be in the field of research; then you can pursue a Masters Courses in Dental Education to be in the Dental Research field.
- A lot of lucrative job opportunities are available in the foreign countries as well for the BDS degree holders.
- You can also join the government hospitals, private nursing homes and other health care facilities within the country as a dentist.
Apart from all these above mentioned career options, as a BDS degree holder you can also open up a clinic and practice dentistry as a general dentist. In order to have a flourishing career as an independent practitioner you must put in efforts to let people know about your clinic. Also, referrals play a very important role in promoting the practice of a dentist so ensure that patients coming to you go back fully cured and with an effective medical management plan. Satisfied patients will refer other people to your clinic too.
So, you can always have a flourishing career as a dentist provided you complete your course with due seriousness from a reputed dental college.
NEET PG or National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for Post-Graduation is a national level entrance examination which is conducted for admission to various MS, MD and PG Diploma courses. This exam is supposed to take place in the month of December, 2017.
Aspirants who are preparing for this exam with a determination to score well must follow the below mentioned tips in order to be successful.
- Prepare an effective study plan by allocating a specific amount of time for each subject in the entire syllabus and ensure that you follow it diligently. By preparing an effective study plan you will be able to achieve your goals and make the most of your time. Also when preparing the study plan, do not forget to include breaks in between. Breaks can help in increasing focus and will also boost productivity.
- Apart from studying using the books, you should also take help of the online tools, blogs, forums and or video tutorials in order to understand certain concepts as they make the learning process interesting and easy as well.
- Evaluate yourself by solving the previous years’ question papers and by taking mock tests. Testing your level of preparedness with the help of online mock tests is a great way to get the real feel of the exam. By taking mock tests repeatedly; you will be able to notice a big improvement in you.
- Do not procrastinate and disregard the schedule that you have prepared for yourself as then you will never be able to finish the syllabus and be ready to ace the exam.
- Studying in a group has always proved to be quite beneficial as its increases healthy competition and allows individuals to clear their doubts easily.
- You may like certain topics and hate some but in order to get good marks you will have to understand all topics thoroughly. So, to understand the topics that don’t interest you, try to approach them in a different manner so you can grasp the concepts easily.
These are some of the tips that you should follow to score well in NEET PG.
So, before you go ahead and fill up the NEET PG Application form, make sure that you have a thorough study plan ready to aid you in the preparation.
There is no doubt that CAT is the most rigorous entrance examination in India. It not only requires a thorough preparation but also requires the candidates to keep a tab on every single detail regarding this exam be it syllabus or issuance of admit card.
Of course, no exam centre allows students to enter without admit card and a photo ID proof. In this reference, students must download their CAT 2017 admit card from the official website and carry it along with a photo ID proof to get an easy entry to take the exam.
The CAT 2017 exams will be held on 26th November 2017 and registered candidates can download their admit card or hall entrance ticket by 18th October 2017. The same admit card will be valid for appearing in the both sessions of the exam.
Get your hall ticket issued: The hall ticket will have your roll number, photo, and signature. There is no change in issuing the admit card and all the downloading procedure is same as before. You will get all information for downloading CAT 2017 admit card on the page of the site though. Even if there is a change in the downloading procedure, you will get all requisitions on the CAT Admit card page. Just visit the official website according to the selected institute for the exams and click on download section given on the web page as ‘download CAT 2017 admit card’. Username and password are required to download the admit card.
Issuance of duplicate admit card: The issued roll number will also be used to check the result of the exam. So, keep your CAT 2017 Admit Card safe or pen down your roll number for future use. In case, any student lost the admit card before the exam, he or she may get issued the duplicate admit card. Students can request for the duplicate admit card only before the exam date. Even on the exam date, it is not possible to get the duplicate admit card to appear for the exam. An affidavit along with the Photo ID proof is necessary to attach for getting entry through duplicate admit card. Students seeking duplicate admit card can download affidavit form from the website.
Follow instruction stated in the admit card: For a hassle-free exam appearance, it is mandatory to follow instruction stated in the CAT 2017 admit card. Failing in the same may result in seat dismissing of the student for that exam.
Once you have completed your class twelve board examination, you will be faced with the choice of selecting a particular stream or discipline to pursue graduation. You can either opt to pursue Bachelor of Science, Commerce or Arts or you can apply for specialized disciplines like Engineering, Medicine, Computer Application or other similar fields. However, when you select a particular course you must take into account your interest in the particular subject and your flair in it. The course that you opt for during your graduation can make or break your career. Hence, you must select one only after careful evaluation of all aspects of the particular discipline. Some of the important points that you must take into account while selecting a particular course for graduation have been discussed below.
Selecting a Suitable Course for Undergraduate Studies
If you are looking for suitable undergraduate programmes offered by renowned colleges and universities in India, then you will find that the respective institutes offer programmes cover myriad of disciplines ranging from Agricultural Studies, Architecture, Engineering to Social Studies. However, when you select a particular discipline you must take into account the following points.
- You must be interested in the particular discipline and have a flair in that subject area. Remember you will be studying that particular subject for at least three years and hence, you must have an interest in the subject being taught otherwise it will become very tedious.
- After completing your graduation you would definitely want to start working or pursue post graduate studies. Hence, before enrolling in a course evaluate the market viability of the discipline and the opportunities provided by the programme to pursue higher studies.
- Before enrolling in a particular under graduate programme it is advisable that you go online and check the information provided by online youth forums regarding the top courses in India. You can also select a particular programme based on the information provided by reputed online youth forums.
Thus, it is essential that you evaluate all aspects of the course that you wish to study during under graduation and opt for the one you have a flair in.
The National Board of Examination (NBE) is responsible for organizing the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test Post Graduate (NEET PG), which is a national level examination taken up by students who want to pursue post graduate diploma courses in disciplines associated with Medicine.
Importance of NEET PG
Students who have completed their Bachelor in Dental Surgery and want to pursue a post graduate degree in the same field also have to take NEET PG in order to get admission in medical institutes offering the particular programme. Similarly, if you want to study Master of Surgery (MS) or Doctor of Medicine (MD) then it is essential that you pass the NEET PG with high scores. So if you want to get admission in a renowned government or private medical college, university or institute then it is essential that you pass the NEET PG with a high score. Thus, the basic criterion for taking the NEET PG is that the applicants must have completed MBBS or BDS. There are certain other criteria that you must fulfil in order to qualify for the NEET PG and some of these have been discussed below.
Criteria to be fulfilled in order to take the NEET PG
If you want to take the NEET PG 2018 then along with having completed MBBS you must have also completed the one year Internship, before March 31st 2018. If you are unable to do so then your application for NEET PG will not be accepted. Some of the other eligibility criteria for the NEET PG are as follows:
- All applicants who want to take the upcoming NEET will have be citizens of India.
- You also must have your MBBS or BDS degree or the provisional certificate, which should be recognized by the State Medical Councils or the Medical Council of India (MCI).
- You must register yourself with the MCI and you should carry the certificate issued by the apex body on the day of the examination.
Thus, the NEET PG eligibility criteria basically requires you to have successfully completed your MBBS or BDS and that you must be registered with the MCI.
IIT-JAM or Indian Institute of Technology – Joint Admission Test is conducted on a national level for those interested in pursuing M.Sc. from IITs after completing bachelor’s degree. JAM aspirants can also opt for Ph.D. or M.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual degree professional courses offered by the prestigious IITs and IISc.
The IIT JAM 2018 has been scheduled to take place on February 11, 2018. So if you are one of those individuals interested in appearing for the exam, then it is high time that you start following the below mentioned tips to start with the preparations:
- Before starting with your preparation you should know the complete IIT JAM syllabus as well as the question pattern. Since the syllabus is vast, it is important that you start preparation at least few months before the exam. Ideally, four to five months is enough to start with the preparation.
- Make a list of subjects and prioritize them basis on the marks allotted to them. This will help you study different subjects as per the marks.
- Try to solve as many previous year question papers as you can. It will help you understand the question pattern. Also take mock tests as it will help you strategize the time management skills and will also help you to figure out your topics you are weak at.
- Focus on the subjects that you need to work on more and then move to the ones that you are good at. This way you can be at par with all the subjects.
- Take help of the faculties, reference books or enroll yourself in a coaching center in order to clear all your doubts about the various concepts and theories.
- While studying, make short notes of the topics. These notes can be of great help especially when you are revising the topics and during the last-minute preparation. Also it is easy to prepare from the notes because you have made them as per your understanding.
- Make sure that you select good IIT JAM books as right selection of study materials can help you to secure good marks.
These are some of the simple preparation steps which if followed properly can help you to a great extent in securing good scored.