Getting an MBA degree from a reputed MBA college opens different avenues for students who want to make their career in the field of management. No wonder everyone seems to have a tag of being a Masters of Business Administration. However, many students pursue this course either for the glamor of the tag or because their peers are doing so. There are very few who actually make the decision of doing an MBA course for the merit of it.
There are two kinds of MBA aspirants:
- Those who want to pursue an MBA degree after their graduation through the CAT entrance exam.
- Those who have a few years of work experience under their belt and want to advance their career.
The two most common reasons for pursuing an MBA degree:
- Higher salaries
- Lucrative job opportunities
Whatever you state in your essays or interviews, the admission committee knows that the bottom line for doing an MBA course is one of these two. However, most of the aspirants forget that this is a short-term view. None of these will matter after a certain point once you are in the perfect job.
Therefore, you need to evaluate your desire to pursue an MBA degree and think of the reasons before investing your valuable time and money.
Let’s take a glance at the reasons to pursue and MBA degree:
- For the career push: Generally, you begin your career with an entry level position. Hard work, dedication, consistency, and smartness help get you all the promotions to reach the managerial role. Then, you begin to stagnate. You find yourself lost in the place where there are several others like you with good qualification and work experience struggle. What you need now is something that sets you apart from the herd. An MBA degree from a premier business school will be helpful. This will help you make the leap from a mid-level role to a senior management position.
- For the career change:There are very few chances of changing your career path with your current qualifications. When you realize that your passion lies in another field or you want to overcome the stagnation, an MBA will help you make the switch in careers very easily.
- For the Knowledge growth:A meeting of intellectual minds and an exchange of ideas is a better source of knowledge than any book or even browsing the internet. When you indulge in case studies, research papers and other such methods, you will find your knowledge base expanding.
- Brand Equity:Getting an MBA Degree is an achievement. But, an MBA degree from a reputed institution is a feather in your cap. Most of the HR personnel appreciate candidates who have an MBA degree from one of the top business schools, as accomplishing that is a task in itself. That makes it easier to get the job you’ve always aspired for with established brand equity.
- Growing from within:A stint in a business school gives you many things apart from education. It gives you the confidence in your professional life and provides valuable insight into your true calling. The classroom interactions give you the tools to deal with people. All of this can have a major effect in molding you into a better professional.
For those looking for a life changing experience, these are some of the top business institutes in India.
- Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad
- Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore
- Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta
- Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow
- Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode
- Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
- Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee
- Xavier Labour Relations Institute, Jamshedpur
- Indian Institute of Management, Indore