Every year approximately 14 lakh candidates appear for the JEE Mains exam, out of which hardly 1.5 Lakh make it to JEE Advance. People who do not succeed in the first go can try for the second and third time as each individual gets at least 3 chances. You can appear for the exam when you are in class 12 and twice more after passing class 12. But it is important to note that the 2 attempts need to be in successive years’ right after Class 12.
If you have not been able to score well in JEE Mains 2017 and you are planning to appear for the exam again in the next year; then you should follow the below-mentioned tips:
- You should start with a new and fresh approach. This is because if you prepare like a repeater, you may find the entire thing to become uninteresting and tiresome. You should always keep a positive attitude and keep yourself motivated and maintain your interest level in studies.
- Most of the candidates who are repeaters think that they will have to learn everything from scratch. Instead of looking at it in a negative way, you should try to evaluate how your previous knowledge can help you this time. You should not feel hassled and dejected.
- Before appearing for the exam the second time, you may also want to re-evaluate the support you are getting from the coaching centerand if you feel that something is lacking you may as well enroll into a new coaching center that has a good track record. You may also want to get updated notes and add on to the previous set that you may be having.
- Remember that only hard work will not help you to conquer the battle and so you must know how to work smart. This does not mean that you will use short cuts; instead,you should plan a schedule and follow that religiously. Also, now since you know the syllabus well, try to start with the topics where you think you need to focus and gradually move to the ones which you are good with.
- There is a popular phrase that says, ‘Practice makes a man perfect’ and this is something which you should follow to succeed. Solve the test papers of the previous years, take mock tests and brush up the topics often.
These tips will help you to succeed in the entrance exam and seek admission into the prestigious engineering colleges of India.