Pursuing higher education after your graduation is an important step towards shaping your career and must therefore be well-planned. For all those aspiring to take up a postgraduate degree, especially in the technical area, TANCET can play a major role in this direction.
TANCET stands for the Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test. It is a state-level entrance test conducted by Anna University and serves as the selection criteria for admission into MBA, ME/M. Tech/M. Arch, and MCA courses offered by the many colleges and universities within the state.
However, if you are someone wanting to secure an admission in any of the top MBA colleges in Tamil Nadu under TANCET, here are a few things you must know –
All candidates must hold a graduate degree with atleast 50% marks in the qualifying examination. The qualifying grade for all reserved categories is 45%. For an admission into an MBA course, candidates must have completed education with any of these patterns –
- 10 + 2 + 3
- 10 + 3 years diploma + 3 years
- E. /B. Tech/B. Pharm
- 10 + 2 + AMIE OR 10 + 3 years diploma (awarded by the State Board of Technical Education) + AMIE
There is a common form available for admission into any of the mentioned courses, and the same can be filled up online. Normally, the application fee is Rs. 500 (Rs. 250 for ST/SC/SCA candidates within the Tamil Nadu state) for one program. The payment can be made through a demand draft to the Secretary, TANCET, Anna University, Chennai.
- The admit cards can be downloaded online from the official website on the prescribed date.
- The entrance test will be two hour long and the medium of exam is English.
- The questions are objective and there are three sections in the paper, with the first two being compulsory and the third in the specific discipline chosen by the candidate. The total number of question is 100.
With the dates for TANCET 2018 drawing closer, it is time that you start prepping up for it right away. Good luck!